Aniston was in her element on Ellen

Jennifer Aniston was a guest on Ellen yesterday. She is promoting her new film, Love Happens, out this Friday. There’s a slim possibility the film could be delayed by a lawsuit filed by two screenwriters who claim that the story was stolen from them, but that probably won’t happen.

Aniston was in her element on Ellen, and I find her very friendly and likable when she has a good rapport with a host. She’s one of those people who really adjusts based on who she’s with and for that reason her interviews can be hit or miss. Ellen is a good friend of Aniston’s, though, and the two had some cute banter and spent some time catching up. At one point Aniston cracked a self-deprecating joke that made me laugh out loud.

On the tabloids’ fascination with her dating life
Ellen: Let’s talk about your dating life. Why are people so fascinated by it? I’m not asking who you’re dating. How come… they’re always talking about ‘you’re devastated’?

Aniston: I know, how do I get that end of the story every time?

Ellen: How come you’re not devastating people? They should be devastated.

Aniston: I know. How do I do that? I’ve got to talk to the people in those cubicles that are writing up those stories.

Ellen: Change it around. They’re getting the raw end of the deal, losing her. What’s wrong with people?

Aniston: They’ve just got to figure out something more interesting to talk about.

After the break they showed a clip from Love Happens, and were talking about what a great guy Aniston’s costar, Aaron Eckhart, is. Jen cracked a joke that was very subtle and funny. When Ellen said something about not wanting to work with people you don’t get along with, Aniston quipped “I’ve been very lucky though. I’ve really loved everybody that I’ve worked with, literally.” She then looked at the audience and made a funny gesture.

We were next treated to Aniston singing a capella, and she was pretty good. She explained that in her upcoming film, Goree Girls, she plays an inmate who helped start one of the first all-female country bands. The film is a dramatization of a true story from the 1940s. Ellen asked Aniston to sing and she protested at first, saying that Ellen’s people promised they wouldn’t make her sing, but then belted out a very competent version of “I’ve Got a Crush on You.” Did Aniston bring it? I thought she sort-of did. Ellen, who is set to be the fourth judge on American Idol, said she would put her through to the next round.

0 comments:

Post a Comment